Councillor Heather Davies
Meet Councillor Heather DaviesHeather Davies was first elected to Chestermere Town Council in October 2001 and on multiple occasions has served as Deputy Mayor and Acting CAO.
Heather's background in Business Education and her extensive work experience in Legal, the Oil & Gas Industry and Business College Administration have made her a strong member of Council. Growing up on the northern Saskatchewan/Manitoba border, Chestermere Lake seemed to be a natural choice for lake lovers to migrate to! Heather and her family have been residents of Chestermere for over two decades, now, and still love it!
Read her announcement here.
Current Committees & Boards
- Assessment Review Board
- Calgary Inter-Municipal Committee
- Rocky View Inter-Municipal Committee
- Remembrance Day Committee
- Audit Committee
- Streetscape Committee
- Watershed Committee
Awards & Medals Earned
- 2000 - Town of Chestermere Volunteer of the Year Award for the many hours dedicated on community committees, but especially for chairing the Weed & Water Committee [now known as the Chestermere Watershed Committee.]
- 2003 - Commemorative Medal of the Queen's Golden Jubilee Award for her leadership role in spearheading and gathering the necessary scientists and Inter-Governmental Agencies needed to document, evaluate and develop a resolution for Chestermere Lake's weed issues. Her unswerving determination and hard work resulted in the formation of: the Chestermere Working Group; the completion of the Shepard Wetland Stormwater Diversion Project; and the proposed sedimentation removal (dredging) project for Chestermere Lake.
- 2010 - Ducks Unlimited Canada Outstanding Achievement Recognition for founding and Chairing the Chestermere Chapter of Ducks Unlmited Canada, which raises funds for local wetland protection and restoration.
To contact Councillor Davies call (403) 272-6361 or send her an email: firstname.lastname@example.org