Interested in pursuing a career as a casual Firefighter with Chestermere Fire Services?
Please note that vacancies open to external candidates within Chestermere Fire Services will be posted on the Employment Section of our website as they become available.
If you are interested in receiving notification of employment opportunities with the City of Chestermere via text message or email, please register using the Notify Me option on the website, under the Government Jobs section.
Email us for more information.
To be eligible for consideration for employment in the capacity of a part time firefighter, all candidates are required to have the following minimum job related qualifications:
1. Grade 12 or GED supplemented by technical training and/or post-secondary education in the fields of fire services, Fire Protection Technology, Fire Science, Disaster and Emergency Management
2. Satisfactory completion of a job related medical and physical examination is required
3. The following courses and certificates are required:
• Maintain valid Standard First Aid CPR C and AED certifications.
• The following courses and certificates are required:
o NFPA 1001 Level II Certification4. Fluent in basic computing abilities and Microsoft Office Software
o HazMat Awareness & Operations (NFPA 472)
o NFPA 1002 – Pump A
o Emergency Medical Responder (EMR). Additional education / certification considered an asset
o Maintain valid Standard Fire Aid CPR C and AED certifications
o Unrestricted Alberta Class 1Q or 2Q Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake Endorsement and five (5) year driver’s abstract with minimal infractions (within 30 days of application)
o Pleasure Craft License
5. Clear Criminal Record and Child Intervention Checks deemed satisfactory by the City.
Read the full list of duties and qualifications in the job description.