- Chestermere’s current off-leash area is located along the northwest side of the Lake.
- Parking is available at John Peake Park
- The off-leash area does not start until you reach the pathway just in front of the library, so please keep your dog(s) on leash prior to entering the off-leash space.
- The off-leash area then ends before the entrance to Lakepoint Drive. (See map below).
New signage was installed in early 2016 to help define the boundaries of the space and remind users of their responsibilities. Dogs must be on-leash until you reach the off-leash area signs located at all entrances into the Park. Dogs must be placed on leash before exiting the off-leash area as well.
Dog Park/Off-Leash Area Enforceable Rules
- Handlers must have complete control of their dogs at all times.
- Handlers must pick-up after their dogs.
- Dogs must have a City dog license tag.
- The pathway is a shared space so please be respectful of other pedestrians, cyclists and dog owners using the trail.
- Handlers are responsible for their dog’s behaviour and must remove dogs if in heat or if they exhibit aggressive behaviour.
- Dogs must be up to date with their required shots.