Economic Development Vision
As Chestermere continues to expand, bring your business to our city to grow with us.
A few initiatives in the plans for the next several years include:
- Projected population of 51,842 by 2040
- 2,200 acres of new land available for development in the coming years
- 1,300 acres of land for commercial & light industrial development
- Establishment of the City’s Light Industrial Park (with fully serviced lots available to purchase)
- Fully serviced industrial land with access to TransCanada and Glenmore via an upgraded industrial urban standard road.
- Improving and streamlining development processes to ensure commercial & light industrial projects are given priority.
Interested in learning more?Review the following plans and policies for Chestermere’s growth:
In just the last few years, the City has accomplished what takes some communities decades to pursue:
- Passed a business friendly Municipal Development Plan (2016)
- Adopted an aggressive Economic Development Strategy (2016)
- Purchased 101 acres of land for light industrial development (2015)
- Achieved City Status Designation (2015)
- Population growth of 34% since 2011
- Non-residential tax base increase of over 600% in the last 10 years