Roads & Infrastructure Budgeting
While City Council can review the budget at any time, the City of
|Sept-Oct||City staff prepare a preliminary budget.|
|Nov||Public meetings are held where Council reviews the preliminary budget and may request changes.|
|Dec||Council passes a multi-year budget.|
Chestermere uses a multi-year budgeting process to ensure efficient
and effective long range strategic planning.
Over the next few months, the City of Chestermere will be developing a budget for 2017-2019.
As part of the budget preparation process, the City will be sharing detailed information about its municipal services as well as providing an opportunity for you to give your feedback.
Roads & Infrastructure
Week of September 26 Highlight:
Guiding Documents & Plans
- Municipal Development Plan (MDP)
- Corporate Strategic Plan
- Addressing Guidelines
- Land Use Bylaw
- Municipal Improvements Policy
- Navigable Water Act
- Public Lands Act
- Safety Codes Act & Permit Regulations
- Subdivision & Development Regulation
- Transportation Safety Act
Potential Projects & Plans for 2017-2019
NOTE: This list is only meant to provide an example of the types of projects being considered. These projects are potential items ONLY and have not been approved by Council.
- ArcGIS Online interactive mapping services
- Existing roads resurfacing
- Further development of Asset Management Program
- Lakeside Greens pavement rehabilitation
- Township Road 240 upgrade & East bridge replacement
- Utilities Master Plan (including Master Drainage Plan)
Significant Challenges Facing Roads & Infrastructure
- Funding availability
- Storm water discharge system for future developments