Chestermere Utilities Inc. Publishes 2017 Rate Request
December 1, 2016
As part of its annual planning cycle, Chestermere Utilities Inc. (CUI) has submitted its request for new 2017 utility rates. The requested rates and rationale supporting the requested changes are now available on the CUI website.
The City is adopting an Interim Rate Setting Process to review the 2017 rate request, as recommended by Stack’d Consulting. The new measures will make the rate setting process stronger by aligning with Alberta Utilities Commission (AUC) principles, clarifying accountabilities for both CUI and the City, and soliciting third party expertise on CUI’s 2017 rate request.
The next steps for the interim process are:
- December 1: CUI will publish its rate request on its website. Residents may submit questions directly to CUI by emailing email@example.com.
- December 5: CUI will present the 2017 rate request to Council. No decision will be made at this meeting. Council will work with an external utilities consultant to review the request.
- December 8: Resident and consultant questions are due to CUI by noon.
- December 15: CUI will provide a written response to the questions received from the public as well as any supplemental information provided to the consultant as part of a final package to Council. This information will be posted on CUI’s website. City Administration will report back to Council with information from the consultant.
- December 19: Council will review all the final submissions (public questions, responses from CUI, and the consultant’s review) and make a final decision for 2017 utility rates.
We encourage residents to review the information and contact CUI directly with any questions. You may submit questions in writing to CUI by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on December 8.