Get cozy and celebrate winter in Chestermere at the annual Winter Lights Festival on November 25.
The event will kick off the Christmas season, with the official lighting of John Peake Park.
“We’re thrilled to bring this newly revamped festival back for the second year,” said Nancie Huneault, Events Planner for the City of Chestermere. “There’s something for everyone young and old, so come on out to celebrate!”
Celebrations will begin at 3:30 p.m. with a wide range of activities including:
- Chestermere Public Library's 10th Anniversary celebration
- Christmas market & children’s crafts at the Library
- Fire performers
- Fire pits
- Food trucks
- Little toot train rides for kids
- Musical performances from local school bands
- Sleigh rides
- Plus a special appearance by Ice Princesses
At 6 p.m. the Christmas lights display will officially be lit to illuminate the community with cheer all through the winter months. The evening will end with fireworks on the lake at 8 p.m.
A full schedule of events for the Winter Lights Festival is available at: www.chestermere.ca/winterlights.