At the Chestermere City Council Meeting on January 17, Council:
- Heard a presentation from Camp Chestermere regarding their operations and activities.
- Heard a presentation from the Watershed Committee. Upon request from the committee, Council directed staff to bring back a report on the costs and resources required to create a Watershed and Lake Management Plan.
- Heard a presentation from the Chestermere Public Library asking Council to help spread the word for the Readfor15 Challenge.
- Passed first reading of the Dawson’s Landing Outline Plan (a proposed development on the Western border of Chestermere). A Public Hearing has been scheduled for March 19, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Anyone is welcome to attend and present arguments in favour or in opposition to the proposal. The Outline Plan can be found at www.chestermere.ca/agendas beginning on page 181.
- Heard from 3 residents during Question Period.
- Adopted the consent agenda.
- Heard a report from the Chestermere Fire Chief regarding the City’s rationale for prohibiting recreational activities on storm ponds. The presentation will be available at http://www.chestermere.ca/875/Storm-Pond-Safety. Council directed staff to prepare a report for the February 20 Council meeting regarding the legal and liability implications of changing the existing bylaw to permit winter recreational use of storm water ponds and consider other options for additional outdoor skating areas.
- Approved awarding the contract for an executive recruitment search for a permanent Chief Administrative Officer to Ravenhill Group Inc.
- Approved amendments affecting the expiry date and schedules of Policy 902 (Rate Application Committee Policy) and appointed Councillor Bold, Councillor Narayan and Councillor Young to the Chestermere Rate Application Committee.
- Approved first reading of the Southeast Area Structure Plan Amendment. A public hearing will be scheduled at a later date.
- Went in camera under Advice from Officials: Update regarding email phishing.
These notes are for information purposes only. The official minutes are always posted to www.chestermere.ca/agendas