At the Chestermere City Council Meeting on February 5, Council:
- Recognized Haley Kennedy, a local high school student, for her efforts in raising awareness and money for those in need.
- Heard a presentation from Rocky View Handibus on their program and work in Chestermere.
- Heard a presentation from the Chestermere Public Library Board on the Library’s activities and programs.
- Did not receive any questions from residents during Question Period.
- Passed the consent agenda.
- Heard a quarterly report from the Chestermere RCMP Staff Sergeant. The S/Sgt covered RCMP activities, community engagement efforts, crime rates, and a crime rate comparison to other municipalities.
- Accepted Administration’s recommendations to begin work to address municipal authority around cannabis legalization.
- Appointed Deputy Mayor Foat and Councillor Burness to the Chestermere Utilities Inc. Board.
- Reviewed the City’s 2017 3rd Quarter Variance Report.
- Approved the continuation of 3.25% as the interest rate for the Local Improvement Tax of Lake Ere Estates from February 2018 to April 2023.
- Directed the CAO to sign the Undertaking Letter with Rocky View County as it relates to the Chestermere portion of the provincial grant for a joint Co-operative Storm Management Initiative (CSMI) project. They also directed the City to complete a subsequent grant agreement with CUI as it relates to this project.
- Passed the Supplementary Assessment Bylaw that allows the City to continue to tax properties that complete construction during a tax year.
- Repealed a bylaw for a past project (water and sanitary sewer mains in Lake Ere Estates) that never proceeded (as a housekeeping item).
- Accepted a notice of motion from Councillor Bold that she will bring forward a motion to the Feb 20th Council meeting pertaining to City staff salary disclosure.
- Went in camera for two items.
- Accepted a Letter of Interest to purchase approximately +/- 2.26 acres in the Webster Industrial Park.
These notes are for information purposes only. The official minutes are always posted to www.chestermere.ca/agendas.