At the Chestermere City Council Meeting on November 20, Council:
- Presented an Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association award to City staff in recognition of Chestermere’s commitment to providing employees with health and safety education.
- Heard a presentation from a resident regarding historical basement assessment and impact on property taxes.
- Accepted the consent agenda which included correspondence, cheque listings and board/committee minutes.
- Heard a report regarding how Council can review the 2018 Operational & Capital Budgets.
- Opened question period and heard from 3 residents.
- Went in camera for two items related to legal matters.
- Tabled a decision about the Rate Application Committee Appointments and asked for more information from Administration.
- Adopted the 2017-2018 Council Communication Plan that identifies how Council plans to engage with and communicate to the public.
- Approved a Direct Control Application for a new Pharmacy in the Rainbow Falls area.
- Approved the amended Council Meeting Recording Policy to extend recording retention to 90 days and make recordings free of charge.
- Passed the Elected Officials Code of Conduct Bylaw.
- Asked Administration to advise Council on possible strategies to rebuild collaboration between the City and residents and advise on how Administration could roll out the Create Amazing Organizational Culture Initiative in the community to help foster a sense of pride and positivity in the community.
- Requested that staff bring back a Request for Decision relating to the presentation from the resident earlier in the meeting.
- Directed Administration to bring back a Request for Decision regarding a request from the Rotary Club related to signage in the community.
- Informed Administration that Council would proceed with a Strategic Planning session in mid-December and directed Administration to bring the 2018 approved budgets to Committee of the Whole meetings for review.
- Directed Administration to bring back a staff report detailing Council Meeting best practices including agenda release dates, order of agenda items and Council meeting dates.
These notes are for information purposes only. The official minutes are always posted to www.chestermere.ca/agendas