At the Regular Meeting of Council on September 4, Council...
- Proclaimed September as Childhood Cancer Awareness Month and was joined by cancer survivor Landyn (age 11) and representatives from Kids Cancer Care Foundation of Alberta.
- Adopted minutes from previous meetings.
- Council did not receive questions during Question Period.
- Approved the consent agenda.
- Heard the Economic Development quarterly update report.
- Heard a report from the CAO regarding future operational considerations for Chestermere Utilities Incorporated (CUI), and decided to proceed with retaining KPMG and McMillan LLP to provide a report recommending alternative options for the restructuring or dissolution of CUI. Council also appointed all Council members to the CUI Board. Read the full story here.
- Council decided to sell Webster Industrial Park in its entirety. Read the full story here.
- Heard a notice of motion from Councillor Narayan to look into the mandatory placement of Epinephrine Auto-Injectors (EpiPen) in Chestermere eateries and public facilities.
- Heard from 2 residents during the second Question Period.
- Went in camera to discuss a legal matter related to CUI.
*These notes are not considered official minutes and only summarizes the motions that were passed (not those tabled or defeated).