At the Regular Meeting of Council on September 4, Council...
- Began the meeting with an Indigenous Blessing of the Council Chambers and acknowledgement of the location of the meeting on the traditional Treaty 7 Lands.
- Passed the final reading of the Waterford Stage 2 Outline Plan (located in the far Southwest corner of Chestermere’s boundaries).
- Heard a presentation from the Chestermere Chamber of Commerce regarding the first Small Business Week coming up October 14-19.
- Adopted minutes from previous meetings.
- Heard from 2 residents during Question Period.
- Approved the consent agenda.
- Received a staff report on the Mobile Adventure Playground.
- Approved amendments to the Elected Official Remuneration Policy that made changes to meal allowances and unscheduled absences.
- Passed amendments to the Compensation Disclosure Policy that will use the Consumer Price Index (CPI) rating for Calgary as a ‘cost of living’ setting factor in the following budget year.
- Approved a transfer up to $80,000 to cover the variance in the CAO personnel budget due to the variance of hiring an Interim CAO until a permanent CAO could be hired in 2018.
- Approved amendments to the Multi-Year Budgeting Policy that aligned the guidelines more closely to Council’s strategic direction.
- Passed amendments to the Capital Financing and Debt Management Policy that aligned the guidelines more closely to Council’s strategic direction.
- Heard from 1 resident during the second Question Period.
- Went in camera to discuss two legal items regarding CUI and a letter from a Chestermere resident.
- Made a motion to direct the CUI Board of Directors to actively assist with the City, KPMG and McMillan LLP on their alternative options report, to be informed by the CEO on any capital projects currently approved and under construction, to review approved capital projects not yet commenced or awarded, to continue the day to day operations of CUI to ensure the regular delivery of services currently provided by CUI, to be informed of any day to day operation or decision that may jeopardize the long term financial viability of CUI, to cease any operational initiative to construct Rainbow Road Sanitary Trunk Phase 2 and to request the Chair of CUI to contact CUI stakeholders and inform them of the direction provided by Council and reiterate their value to CUI and by extension, the City of Chestermere.
*These notes are not considered official minutes and only summarizes the motions that were passed (not those tabled or defeated).