At the Regular Meeting of Council on October 1, Council...
- Honoured Councillor Foat’s Guide Dog Walker naming him ‘Deputy Dog Walker’.
- Adopted the minutes of previous meetings of Council.
- Reviewed the action list.
- Heard from 1 resident during Question Period.
- Adopted the consent agenda which included correspondence and committee minutes.
- Amended the 2018 Council Calendar and date of the 2018 Organizational Meeting which will take place on Monday October 15 starting at 3:00pm, with the Regular Meeting of Council to take place immediately after.
- Directed Administration to provide an update to Council and residents regarding the East Acreages Area Structure Plan, and that this item be added to the Action List and remain on the list until it is completed.
- Accepted a staff report on Public Engagement for the 2019-2022 Budget Process.
- Accepted a staff report on Capital Budget Highlights.
- Accepted a staff report on the progress of creating an Area Structure Plan for East Acreages.
- Amended and passed 1st reading of the Cannabis Consumption Bylaw (which will prohibit recreational cannabis consumption in public spaces) and directed Administration to post the Bylaw to the City website for resident feedback prior to second and third reading.
- Passed amendments to the Smoking Bylaw to include the smoking of cannabis as part of the bylaw.
- Heard from 2 residents during the second Question Period.
- Went in camera for a legal item regarding CUI.
*These notes are not considered official minutes and only summarizes the motions that were passed (not those tabled or defeated).
For a summary video about this Council Meeting, check out https://youtu.be/Tq4lsB7A1jY.