- Resident Services
- Road Maintenance
- Lights & Traffic Signs
Lights & Traffic Signs
Have you noticed a streetlight, traffic light or park light not working in our city? Find the appropriate contact below:
Highway 1 - TransCanada Highway
Highway 1 is owned by the Provincial Government and is maintained by their contractor.
If you have concerns about this highway, call 1 (888) VSROADS (1-888-877-6237). Visit the Volker Stevin Highways website for more information.
Contact Parks online or call Community Operations at (403) 207-2807.
Fortis Alberta maintains all road street lights in Chestermere.
Check out their Streetlight Repair Map to request a repair or call Fortis Alberta at 403-310-WIRE (9473).
Streetlights on private commercial property and/or residential complexes are maintained by the property owner.
The City has 4 intersections with traffic lights:
- Chestermere Blvd and Rainbow Road
- Chestermere Blvd and Marina Drive
- Chestermere Blvd and West Chestermere Drive
- Chestermere Blvd and East Chestermere Drive
*In the event of a power disruption, the traffic signals are set to flash red in all direction. Treat the intersection as a four way stop.
Reminders for a four way stop:
- All drivers must use courtesy and caution.
- Courtesy is to allow the vehicle that arrived first to proceed first.
- If two vehicles arrive at the same time, courtesy allows the vehicle on the right to proceed first.
- A motorist may not proceed unless you can do so safely.
Contact Roads online or call Community Operations at (403) 207-2807 if you need to report an issue with the traffic lights at these intersections.
The Roads Department conducts weekly inspections of all roads, curbs, gutters and traffic signs in Chestermere.
Missing, damaged, or faded signs are identified and corrected as soon as possible.
If you notice a missing or obstructed sign during your travels, please contact us.
Contact Roads online or call Community Operations at (403) 207-2807.