Family & Community Resource Centre
With the right information, communities can flourish. The Family & Community Resource Centre (FCRC) can help you solve a variety of problems and direct you to resources for help. The Family & Community Resource Centre is a free and confidential service that offers all Chestermere and South East Rocky View individuals and families assistance with basic needs support and information and referrals to local supports and resources.
FCRC programs and services includes:
- Assistance with accessing government support programs (ie. Income Support, Child Care Subsidy, Special Needs Assistance for Seniors, etc.).
- Food Bank referrals (intake and assessment).
- Recreational, sport, arts and culture subsidy for children, youth and families (ie. Jumpstart, KidSport, Kids Up Front, Christmas with Dignity).
- Summer Camp referrals to Tim Hortons Camp, Our Lady Queen of Peace Ranch, and etc.
- Financial Literacy one-on-one support and workshops.
- Good Food Box program (registration for a low cost, fresh produce program).
- Gifts of Kindness (formerly Christmas with Dignity) financial assistance program for basic needs support (rent, damage deposit, utility, medical, training, kids programming, and etc.).
- Baby Essentials program (based on availability - baby formula and food, diapers from infant to toddler sizes, quilts donated by various community groups for newborns, and etc.).
- Information and Referrals (i.e. mental health, support groups, parenting programs, counselling, household items, training programs, career and employment, and etc.).
- And much more! We have also included a list of our annual programs below.
Alberta 211 is a direct line for the City of Chestermere to access many necessary services and resources. Click here for more information and how to contact 211 Toll Free.
Accessing the FCRC is available to all individuals and families in Chestermere and SE Rocky View. The FCRC Team will work with you to access the resources that best meet your needs.
- Visit us at City Hall, 105 Marina Drive, Chestermere. We can take appointments Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 4:00pm.
- You can call the Family & Community Resource Centre at (403) 207-7079.
- Send us an email about your concerns and questions, or fill out this short form.
- In addition to office hours,
- some evening appointments are available upon request on Tuesdays
- we have outreach hours at the Food Bank (Bay 105, 100 Rainbow Road, Chestermere) Wednesdays, from 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- we can provide outreach services for Langdon and Area individuals and families by appointment.
Proudly Funded By
Child and Family Services, City of Chestermere and Chestermere FCSS, and Rocky View County FCSS.
Are you wondering where to go for help with a health issue? Looking to get involved in a community club, association, or recreation group? Or trying to figure out the school system? Call our office and we will get you connected with contact information and websites for a variety of programs and services in Chestermere and area, as well as organizations that provide service to Chestermere and area residents.
Community Services is working hard to create a greater presence and awareness of the resources that are available to rural communities. If you have suggestions or questions about any of our programs or services, call (403) 207-7050 or send an email.
South East Rocky View Resources
- Indus Recreation Centre
- South East Rocky View Food Bank - (587) 585-7378
- Indus Mothers and Tots - (403) 816-9651
- Indus Preschool - (403) 936-5474, ext. 4
- Indus Seniors Livewires - (403) 936-5427
- Welcome Wagon - (403) 934-9459