The Chestermere Emergency Management Agency (CHEMA) is run by the City of Chestermere and exists to coordinate disaster assistance and relief efforts in the event of a city-wide emergency. CHEMA meets regularly to discuss emergency prevention, plan responses, determine relief efforts and ensure agreements are in place with partner organizations.
If you have any questions about CHEMA, please call the City at (403) 207-7050.
In the Event of a Local Emergency
- If you are asked to evacuate during an emergency, immediately follow the instructions of all emergency personnel.
- If you need immediate assistance, call 9-1-1.
- Please stay tuned to radio, TV, Alberta Emergency Alerts, or this website for the latest information and updates.
Preparing for an Emergency
72 Hour Kits:
In the event of an extended emergency, you may be asked to stay in your home with your family for up to 72 hours.
Ensure that you are prepared for such an event by having a 72-hour kit ready with the following:
Other Valuable Resources:
- You can download an Emergency Kit Checklist from the Alberta Emergency Management Agency on their website
- You can also download Red Cross Emergency Preparedness Information here.
- Learn more about preparing your family for an emergency at www.getprepared.gc.ca.
- Find out tips and tools for emergency preparedness at do1thing.com
To get the latest information during an emergency, sign up to receive notifications or follow the following sites:
- Alberta Emergency Alerts
- City of Chestermere Emergency Alerts (Local Emergencies List)
- City of Chestermere Facebook page
- City of Chestermere Twitter feed
Past Emergency Alerts
Check out past Emergency Alerts