- Get Involved
- Gifts of Kindness
Gifts of Kindness
A sudden job loss, diagnosis or change in family structure can mean that residents face financial troubles in the blink of an eye.
The Gifts of Kindness Fund provides short term financial support to help meet the basic needs of Chestermere and South East Rocky View residents.
In addition to helping people get back on their feet, this support helps prevent long term social challenges in our community, such as homelessness and malnutrition. Note: Gifts of Kindness was called the Christmas with Dignity fund until 2019.
Donate any amount
Any time during the year, you can make a difference in the lives of Chestermere and South East Rocky View residents by donating any amount.
- Click here to donate any amount online.
- Send a cheque: Cheques can be made out to The City of Chestermere with the memo being Gifts of Kindness. Cheques can be dropped off or mailed to 105 Marina Road, Chestermere, AB T1X 1V7.
- Contact Community Services (403-207-7079) if you'd like to make a special donation
Donations of $20 or more are eligible for a tax receipt.
Connect with us:
If you are facing financial challenges and need support, connect with our Community Support Services Team by calling 403-207-7079 or completing the intake form here.
Upon referral, the City's Community Support Services team can meet with an individual or family experiencing financial hardship to discuss their current situation and offer strategies and resources that may provide financial relief.
This may include referrals to the Chestermere Food Bank (hampers and Good Food Box), federal support programs (employment insurance), and provincial support programs. If eligible, the staff can also offer basic needs support in the form of a utility bill payment, grocery gift card or transportation assistance.
The team is made up of staff who have extensive experience in supporting families in need. They will offer a confidential listening ear, suggestions for resources, and referrals to other supports.
Other Community Supports
Gifts of Kindness supports residents in need with short term financial support. Here are a few other organizations that can help support residents in other ways:
- AHS Addictions & Mental Health Services: Mental health supports
- Calgary Rural Primary Care Network: Health resources
- Camp Chestermere: Child & youth programming
- Chestermere Food Bank: Food hampers & groceries
- Chestermere Public Library: Free resources
- Rocky View Immigrant Services: Immigrant & newcomer supports
- Stepping Stones to Mental Health: Mental health supports in schools
- Strathmore Regional Victim Services: Trauma & victim supports
- Synergy: Community organization & youth development
- Prospect: Employment services & support
The Gifts of Kindness fund is still accessible to residents during the COVID-19 crisis. We continue to follow regular procedures for those residents requesting access to the fund, which includes the requirement that individuals and families access all other available resources prior to requesting funds from Gifts of Kindness. This includes the provincial and federal programs that have been initiated in response to COVID-19, as well as any deferral assistance that is available.