Assessment Appeal Process

Appeal Process

If you have questions about your assessment or disagree with it, you can contact Accurate Assessment Group at or 1-877-438-2305.

If you would like to talk with the assessor to review your property’s assessment, they will be available in March and April. Appointments are required and can be booked by calling (403) 207-7057.

If you do not agree with the assessor’s explanation or calculation, you have the right to file a formal complaint to the Assessment Review Board. The Assessment Review Board will then review your case at a hearing.

To file an official complaint:

  1. Complete a formal complaint form and submit a $50.00 fee.
  2. Complaints must be received by the Assessment Review Clerk at the Municipal Office.
    no later than 60 days from the date of mailing of your assessment notice.
  3. For more information, contact the City at (403) 207-7050 or email

When completing the complaint form, please note:

  • An Assessment Review Board must not hear any matter in support of an issue that is not identified on the appeal form.
  • Appeals with an incomplete appeal form, appeals submitted after the filing deadline of 60 days from the date on the Property Tax and Assessment Notice, or appeals without the required filing fee, are invalid.
  • If you have discussed the matters of the appeal with an assessor, be sure to include a statement specifying the date and outcome of the discussion including details of any issues or facts agreed to. If you have not discussed the matters of the appeal with an assessor, specify why a discussion was not held.
  • Should you have an agent file an appeal on your behalf, you must complete and sign the Assessment Complaints Agent Authorization form.
  • The reasons for an appeal must accompany the appeal form, including:
    • In what respect that information is incorrect, including identifying the specific issues related to the incorrect information that are to be decided by the Assessment Review Board and the grounds in support of these issues
    • The requested assessed value, if the appeal relates to an assessment
    • What information shown on the assessment notice is incorrect
    • What the correct information is
  • Your appeal form must be accompanied by the filing fee.
  • Your appeal must be submitted in writing on the form set out by the Government of Alberta.
  • You must include your mailing address.