One Time Tax Payment Option
One Time Tax Payment Methods:
- In Person at City Hall (105 Marina Road, Chestermere, AB, T1X 1V7):
- You can pay by cash, debit or cheque in person at the Municipal Office l during regular office hours (Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30pm). cheques payable to: CITY OF CHESTERMERE. Credit cards will not be accepted. (NOTE: City Hall is currently closed due to the COVID-19 Pandemic)
- You can also drop off your payment in the secured drop box after hours (located on the south side of the building).
- Via Electronic banking (phone or online):
- Please ensure the PAYEE is ‘CHESTERMERE TAXES’. If your payee is ‘Chestermere Utilities’, we will not receive the payment (may need to set up a new account)
- By mail
- Payments through the mail will be applied to the tax accounts on the date of the postmark stamped on the envelope by Canada Post.
- Please note that the City of Chestermere is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail
Other Payment Information:
- Cheques must be made payable to the CITY OF CHESTERMERE.
- Post-dated cheques will be accepted. However, payments made after the due date will have penalties applied.
- Cheques are a conditional payment until the bank upon which it is drawn honours the cheque. If a cheque is not honoured, penalties and a service charge of $30.00 will be applied.
- Payments will be accepted at any time (subject to penalties).
The Provincial Government has a property tax assistance program for seniors. Visit their website or call 1 (877) 644-9992 to learn more.
Some properties are exempt from taxes (including some non-profits and community groups). Find out more here.