Host a Block Party
Block Parties have resumed as of July 26, 2021.Block Parties are held throughout the summer in various neighbourhoods in Chestermere, Langdon and South East Rocky View. They are afternoon or evening BBQs that bring neighbours together for fun, games, and a chance to get to know each other.
|October 1||Stonemere Bay||12 - 3 pm|
|September 12||Kinniburgh Circle||2 - 4 pm|
|September 5||East Lakeview Road||4 - 7 pm|
|September 4||Sandpiper Crescent||3 - 8 pm|
|August 28||Aspenmere Park/Green||3 - 8 pm|
|August 28||West Creek Pond||3 - 9 pm|
|August 28||Seagreen Way||4 - 10 pm|
|August 21||Oakmere Close||6 - 11 pm|
|August 15||Parkmere Playground||3 - 8 pm|
|August 7||Rainbow Falls Blvd||12 - 4 pm|
|July 31||East Lakeview Crescent||5 - 11 pm|
|July 31||Rainbow Falls Glen||3 - 10 pm|
Host a party in Chestermere!
Community Support Services makes it easy to host a party for your neighbourhood by providing planning documents, children's games, disposable plates and utensils, a BBQ, a visit from special guests and more!
Note: Registrants will receive a gift certificate from Eric’s No Frills and COBS Bread (if available at the time of booking)
Host a party in Langdon and South East Rocky View!
Gather up your neighbours throughout the hamlet and surrounding area and have a party! Kits may include: planning documents, children's games, disposable plates and utensils, and an option to rent out the BBQ. While supplies last, a gift card to Buy Low will be included.
Interested in partnering or sponsoring? Call (403) 207-7094 to find out more information.
Block Parties in Langdon and South East Rocky View are made possible through Rocky View County Family and Community Support Services funding.
Important Info about hosting a party:
- In order to hold your booking, you’ll be asked to complete and return a contact information sheet and a waiver of liability and release.
- If you are borrowing the barbecue, you’ll also receive barbecue maintenance and cleaning instructions, and you’ll be asked to provide a credit card number or a $50 deposit cheque (made out to the City of Chestermere).
- Note that liquor can only be served and consumed on private property, and party goers will be expected to follow the municipality's/County's noise bylaw, which prohibits excessive noise.
- In order for you to safely close the street, barricades will be dropped off by Public Works up to two days before your block party and picked up one to two days after your event. Barricades may not be available when large community events are being held. One lane must be left open, in case emergency vehicles need access.
Langdon and South East Rocky View Specific
- Follow all bylaws of Rocky View County and apply for necessary permits with their office.