Host a Block Party
Block Parties have resumed for 2022.Block Parties are held throughout the summer in various neighbourhoods in Chestermere, Langdon and South East Rocky View. They are afternoon or evening BBQs that bring neighbours together for fun, games, and a chance to get to know each other.
|June 18||West Creek||3 - 7 pm|
|June 25||Kinniburgh||11 am - 9 pm|
|July 9||Westmere||5 pm - 12 am|
|July 16||Chelsea||3 - 7 pm|
|July 16||Lakeview Landing||4 - 10 pm|
|July 17||West Creek||12 - 6 pm|
|July 23||West Creek||5 - 11 pm|
|July 23||West Creek||2 pm|
|July 23||Rainbow Falls||3 - 6 pm|
|July 30||Westmere||2 - 9 pm|
|August 6||Chelsea||3 - 10 pm|
|August 13||Oakmere||5 - 12 am|
|August 13||The Beaches||3 - 7 pm|
|August 20||Aspenmere||1 - 5 pm|
|August 21||Oakmere||3 - 7 pm|
|August 21||Dawson's Landing||4 - 9 pm|
|August 27||West Creek||1 - 7 pm|
|September 3||Rainbow Falls||4 - 9 pm|
|September 3||Rainbow Falls||4 - 10 pm|
|September 9||Dawson's Landing||4 - 8 pm|
|September 10||Chesterview Estates||5 - 11 pm|
|September 11||Kinniburgh||12 - 2 pm|
|September 17||Lakepointe||3 - 10 pm|
Host a party in Chestermere!
Community Support Services makes it easy to host a party for your neighbourhood by providing planning documents, children's games, disposable plates and utensils, a BBQ, a visit from special guests and more!
Note: Registrants will receive a gift certificate from Eric’s No Frills in conjunction with Lake Ridge Community Church (if available at the time of booking)
Host a party in Langdon and South East Rocky View!
Gather up your neighbours throughout the hamlet and surrounding area and have a party! Kits may include: planning documents, children's games, disposable plates and utensils, and an option to rent out the BBQ. While supplies last, a gift card to Buy Low will be included.
Interested in partnering or sponsoring? Call (403) 207-7094 to find out more information.
Block Parties in Langdon and South East Rocky View are made possible through Rocky View County Family and Community Support Services funding.
Important Info about hosting a party:
- In order to hold your booking, you’ll be asked to complete and return a contact information sheet and a waiver of liability and release.
- If you are borrowing the barbecue, you’ll also receive barbecue maintenance and cleaning instructions, and you’ll be asked to provide a credit card number or a $50 deposit cheque (made out to the City of Chestermere).
- Note that liquor can only be served and consumed on private property, and party goers will be expected to follow the municipality's/County's noise bylaw, which prohibits excessive noise.
- In order for you to safely close the street, barricades will be dropped off by Public Works up to two days before your block party and picked up one to two days after your event. Barricades may not be available when large community events are being held. One lane must be left open, in case emergency vehicles need access.
Langdon and South East Rocky View Specific
- Follow all bylaws of Rocky View County and apply for necessary permits with their office.