Building & Utility Permit Application Forms

All owners and contractors are required to obtain permits for the use, occupancy, relocation, construction, demolition, installation, alteration, repair, removal or change in occupancy of building or buildings, special events, lot grading, electrical, plumbing, gas equipment and systems.
The Safety Codes Act requires that all contractors and homeowners in Alberta obtain permits prior to commencing work on buildings covered by the Alberta Building Code or work governed by the Canadian Electrical Code, the Alberta Gas Code or the Alberta Plumbing Code.

Obtaining a permit allows home owners and contractors to meet the industry standard and to conform to the minimum safety codes standards.

Click below to see what type of safety codes permit you require: 
  1. Building Permit
  2. Electrical Permit
  3. Gas Permit
  4. Gas Air Test Permit
  5. Plumbing Permit
  6. Gas Fireplace Permit
  7. PSDS Permit
  8. Hydronic Heat System Permit
  9. Water & Sewer Permit
  10. HVAC
  11. Other Forms
The owner or a contractor, must obtain a building permit for the following:

  • Alteration or renovation to any building or part of a building
  • Construction of a new building
  • Demolition or relocation of any building
  • Installation of a swimming pool or hot tub (600mm (2ft.) or more in depth)
  • Installation of a solid fuel appliance (wood stove or wood fireplace)
  • Environmental reconstruction (fires, flooding, Grow Op, etc.)
  • Change in occupancy of any building or site (i.e. from retail to office, or special event etc.

Building Permit Application Form

  1. Development Services

    Physical Address
    105 Marina Road
    Chestermere, AB T1X 1V7