Development & Safety Codes Inspections
- Safety Codes Inspections
- Landscaping and Performance Inspections
- Development Completion Certificate (DCC)
- To receive an inspection for the next available business day, you must book before 2 PM of the previous business day. (For example, book your inspection by 2 pm on Friday for Monday inspection.)
- For electrical and plumbing inspections, the City requires a number of requests before an inspection day is set.
- Additional fees may be charged for any re-inspections beyond the required inspection due to deficiencies or missing documents.
- No inspections will be carried out, without a valid permit.
To all our Builders:
Please note, the time of year when we cannot complete Performance and Landscaping Inspections is fast approaching.
As of November 1, 2021 until April 4, 2022, the City of Chestermere will not be accepting requests for Performance or Landscaping inspections due to variable weather conditions and uncertain snow/ice coverage of pertinent infrastructure/landscaping. If requests come in, they will be sent back to you with a note that it is your responsibility to re-apply after April 4, 2022.
During this time, however, we will accept As Constructed Grade Certificates (ACGCs) for review to facilitate a quicker turnaround in the spring. Again, no inspections, therefore no refunds will be processed during this time.
Please have your requests submitted prior to October 29, 2021 in order to ensure that inclement weather does not hamper the last week of inspections. Keep in mind that a performance inspection will not be carried out unless all permits for that build have been closed. A landscaping inspection will not be completed until an ACGC has been submitted and accepted by the City first.
Thank you for your continued understanding.
The City of Chestermere will refund the landscaping and performance deposits when the property has passed the landscaping and performance inspections.
- Landscaping Deposit Refund Process - an As Constructed Grading Certificate (ACGC) must be submitted and accepted before a Landscaping Inspection has been carried out. The ACGC must be signed off on by a Land Surveyor or Professional Engineer.
A Development Completion Certificate (DCC) is a document issued by the Development Authority confirming an approved development had been completed as per approved plans, Development Permit conditions, Development Agreement requirements, engineering and landscaping standards of the City of Chestermere, and is of acceptable quality.
Upon receipt of a paid DCC application, current Certificate of Title, and all as-builts, City Staff will conduct at least 2 on-site inspections to ensure development compliance. Inspection details are listed below:
- The inspection team includes Planning, Parks, Roads, and Engineering.
- Please be advised that inspections are only conducted between April through October, weather permitting.
- The DCC fee includes the two inspections (initial and maintenance period).
- Should additional inspections be required, an additional fee will be applied.
— — —