City of Chestermere Community Support Services Tax Clinics
Need help preparing your tax return?
Community Support Services and its volunteers are trained in assisting individuals and families with a simple tax situation.
In order to be eligible for the CVITP, individuals must have a modest income and a simple tax situation.
This may include include:
- Adults 65 years and older
- Housing-insecure individuals
- Indigenous Peoples
- Modest-income individuals
- Persons with disabilities students
Simple Tax Situation
In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from these sources:
- Benefits such as CPP, disability, CCB, EI, social assistance
- Support payments
- Scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
- Interest (under $1,000)
Your tax situation is not simple if you:
- Are self-employed or have employment expenses
- Have business or rental income and expenses
- Have capital gains or losses
- File for bankruptcy
- Are completing a tax return for a deceased person
Please contact us and we can walk you through guideline that determine if your situation is considered a modest income.
Tax Clinic Information and Appointments
Please call (403) 207-7079 to book an appointment and learn more about this program or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have experience in preparing tax returns and would like to register to become a volunteer and help provide this important community service, please feel free to contact us year-round.