Anyone who is interested in creating some new and innovative community programs or initiatives is now welcome to begin submitting applications to the Chestermere Community Grant Funding Program.
“The program was approved by City Council to enhance local amenities in sports and recreation, arts, culture, history and the social well-being of the residents of Chestermere,” says Mayor Chalmers. “Project proposals should provide benefit to Chestermere residents and facilitate local activities which engage a broad section of the community.”
In order for projects, programs, services or events to be eligible to receive funding from the $129,000 grant, they must:
- Primarily serve Chestermere residents.
- Be open to the public and/or allow reasonable public access.
- Demonstrate the need for financial assistance and that adequate funding from other sources is not available.
- Demonstrate active fundraising efforts.
- Not be eligible for funding through other City based grant funding sources - United Way/Chestermere Partnership, Family & Community Support Services and/or Vitality Grants.
- Not be a duplicate of an existing project/program/service/event within the community.
“Applications are evaluated by the Community Grant Funding Adjudication Committee against a number of criteria and then recommendations will be presented to Council,” says Marla Polachek, Coordinator, Support Services for the City. “We encourage potential applicants to review all guidelines for additional details.”
Evaluation criteria includes:
· Alignment with Council’s strategic priorities
· Community need and support for the project
· Effectiveness of the project strategy and implementation plan
· Value demonstrated in the project budget.
Please note that applications will need to include a COVID-19 safety plan based on current public health requirements for any programs that involve social gatherings.
Applications will be accepted from Monday, May 3 until Friday, May 28 at 4:00 p.m. For more information on this program, including guidelines and a copy of the application form, visit chestermere.ca/communitygrants.
Funding of the Community Grant program is subject to annual budget approval by Chestermere City Council.