Chestermere's Current Active Cases: 148 (As of May 5, 2021)
Provincial Update: On May 4, the provincial government announced additional restrictions for regions with at least 50 cases per 100,000 people and at least 30 active cases. This includes Chestermere.
The announcement means that all Alberta students will go to at-home learning effective May 7 and will be returning to in-class learning on May 25.
A summary of additional restrictions are as follows:
- All indoor gatherings are prohibited
- All outdoor social gatherings must be limited to no more than 5 people
- All indoor sport, performance and recreation activities for youth and adults are prohibited.
- All outdoor sports and recreation activities are prohibited, except with members of your household.
- Retail services must limit customer capacity to 10% of fire code occupancy.
- Personal and wellness services, including hair salons, barbers, nail salons, estheticians, tattoos and piercings must close - Effective at 11:59pm on May 9.
- Faith services are limited to 15 in-person attendees.
- Funerals may only have 10 people maximum.
- Any workplace, except critical services, with transmission of 3 or more cases, will be required to close for 10 days.
- Working from home remains mandatory unless the employer requires the employee's physical presence to operate effectively.
Read the full, current list of restrictions at Stronger public health measures | Alberta.ca
In addition, the Province announced today that all Albertans 12 years old and up will be eligible to get vaccinated starting Monday, May 10. Find out more at COVID-19 vaccine program | Alberta.ca
Learn more about local updates at www.chestermere.ca/covid19.