Council will be considering the proposed Traffic Control Bylaw #036-20 at its July 6 Regular Meeting.
The Chestermere Traffic Bylaw has undergone an extensive review with the intent to streamline processes, improve upon and strengthen existing legislation, and provide avenues to address emerging trends.
The current Traffic Bylaw was passed in 2013, the bylaw is being reviewed to ensure relevancy and make sure that the legislation is able to keep up with community growth.
Changes in draft Bylaw #036-20 include:
1. Legislation governing the transportation of dangerous goods within Chestermere
2. Incorporating harmonized playground zones
3. Designation of truck routes within the city
4. New rules regarding the parking of dilapidated/inoperable vehicles on roadways
5. Updates regarding the areas where recreational vehicles can be parked
6. Incorporating the permitted use and requirements for off highway vehicles (this will allow for the current Off Highway Vehicle Bylaw to be rescinded)
7. Increased pedestrian safety for pathway users
8. Allowance for residents to apply for accessible parking on residential streets by their homes, based on a user pay system.
Traffic Control Bylaw #036-20 will regulate the use of highways under the direction, control, and management of the City of Chestermere, and to regulate the parking of vehicles on such highways as well as on privately owned property within the corporate limits of the City of Chestermere.
To submit your opinions to Council, please click here to fill out the feedback form. Please indicate which proposed bylaw you are addressing and if you are in favour or opposition. Your full name, address, phone number and email are required to complete the form and validate your submission. Your name and opinion may be used in the public record.
Visit chestermere.ca/agendas where a link to watch the live stream will be posted on the day of the meeting.
Subscribe to receive any City public notices via email or text by visiting chestermere.ca/notifyme (select ’public notices’ under the News Flash option).