Do you love our local library? Consider getting more involved by becoming a Board Member!
This Board oversees the management of the Chestermere Public Library and is comprised of a maximum of ten members including:
• Up to two City Councillors
What is expected of Board Members?
• Be a regular user of the library and advocate membership to others.
• Attend board meetings and actively participate in decision-making that will affect the long-term success of the library.
• There are 10 board meetings a year (no meetings in the summer) held on the 3rd Monday of the month at 7:00 pm.
• Support events that are organized on behalf of the Library.
Like all Committees appointed by the City Council, a "Letter of Interest" should be submitted to City Council from anyone interested in being considered for the Board. You should state your areas of expertise (beyond that of a passion for literature and a commitment to helping to provide the best quality library service in our city). Before submitting a letter of interest we suggest that anyone considering joining the Library Board attend several regular meetings first and meet with the chairperson to learn more.
The deadline to apply is August 27, 2021.
To apply, visit Boards & Committees | Chestermere, AB - Official Website