- Update September 29:
- Chestermere Blvd. and West Chestermere Drive intersection paving will take place Oct. 3 at 7:00 am until Oct. 7 at 5:00 am. Intermittent overnight and daytime closures will occur. Detours will also be in place. Please drive with care around crews and leave yourself a few extra minutes of travel time.
- Westchester Blvd has reopened.
- Township Road 240 has reopened.
- Lake Ere Estates has reopened.
- Update September 20:
- Rainbow Road has now reopened. There is still work going on adjacent to the roadway, so an additional two-day closure will be needed at a later date to complete the paving. Stay tuned for updates.
- Twp Rd 240 will be closed between September 22 and 26 for paving.
Road paving is set to begin in Chestermere starting September 11 until mid-October, weather dependent.
The paving work will require a complete road closure on Rainbow Road between Township Road 240 and Rainbow Falls Gate from September 11 to 22. Detours will be in place directing traffic east or west on Township Road 240.
Sections of the following roads will be paved:
- Rainbow Road between Township Road 240 and Rainbow Falls Gate (Complete)
- Chestermere Blvd. and West Chestermere Drive intersection (Scheduled for Oct. 3 at 7:00 am until Oct. 7 at 5:00 am)
- Westchester Blvd. (Complete)
- Township Road 240 east of Range Road 282 (Complete)
- Lake Ere Estates (Complete)
Crews may be working overnight to limit traffic impacts on busier roadways such as Chestermere Blvd.
For all of the above paving locations, residents and commuters should be prepared that:
- Temporary road closures and detours may be in place, please follow the directions of signage and flag persons
- Access to driveways, sidewalks and green spaces may be limited
- Some construction noise and street parking restrictions are expected
Signage will be placed prior to paving starting in the affected areas. All construction will be completed by mid-October, weather dependent.
Updates will be made on the Capital Project Tracking System map as construction progresses at chestermere.ca/projects.