Hello Lake News Subscribers,
Find below the most relevant lake information for December, 2021.
Western Canada Pond Hockey Championship
- Hosted on Chestermere Lake by the Western Canada Pond Hockey Championship Committee from December 27th to 29th, 2021.
- The ice will be required to be thick enough to safely host the event. Event organizers, in partnership with the City and Emergency Services have established a cancellation date of Dec. 17th as the last day to determine if the event will move forward or be cancelled due to unsafe ice conditions. The participants and the public will be informed if the event is cancelled.
- For more information about the event visit: https://wcpondhockey.com/
Lake and Watershed Advisory Committee
What is the Lake and Watershed Advisory Committee?
- This committee focuses on the health of Chestermere Lake and surrounding environmental concerns. Its members meet monthly throughout the year.
- Meeting minutes from 2020-2021 are now posted on the City’s website – https://chestermere.ca/144/Boards-Committees
- If you have any questions about this and other boards or committees please call
(403) 207-7050 or e-mail email@example.com
- The holiday season is upon us and with that comes the joy of recreation activities on the Lake. Before you head out to play hockey, skate, ATV or cross-country ski, it is critical that your check lake ice measurements.
New to the Lake?
We will be featuring a different lake activity each month you may consider trying.
- Did you know that Chestermere offers a variety spaces for outdoor skating each year? In partnership with local volunteers the City will be creating over 20 rinks in the community this winter. Lake rinks can be accessed from Chestermere Landing and Anniversary Park and a variety of smaller rinks are located throughout the City.
What you need to get started:
- Warm winter wear ex. gloves, hat, scarf etc.
To learn more about our rinks, their locations and amenities and how to participate safety, please visit: www.chestermere.ca/rinks
Want to learn to skate? Check out lesson offerings at the Chestermere Regional Community Association: https://www.chestermerecrca.com/
Have you subscribed to this newsletter yet? Visit www.chestermere.ca/notifyme and subscribe under the 'news flash' section to get this monthly newsletter sent to you automatically.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Community Operations at 403-207-2807 or fill out a Contact Us form on chestermere.ca (select Parks and Recreation) to notify the team.