Hello Lake News Subscribers,
Find below the most relevant lake information for January, 2022.
- Did you know that the City offers almost 1 outdoor skating rink per approximately 1000 people? Close to 20 rinks are now available. That includes lake and neighbourhood rinks! Learn more at www.chestermere.ca/rinks
- Interested in volunteering to maintain one of the City’s ice rinks? We always need help with shoveling and monitoring the conditions of our rinks. Consider joining the Adopt a Rink Program. For more information please contact, Kate at email@example.com
- And of course, before you head out onto the lake, it is critical that your check lake ice measurements. You can find these on our website here: https://www.chestermere.ca/1129/Lake-Ice-Measurements
New to the Lake?
We will be featuring a different lake activity each month you may consider trying.
Try: Ice Fishing
Ice fishing historically has been very popular on Chestermere Lake. Local anglers and those out of town often come to fish primarily for Northern Pike. The South side of the Lake is where fisherman typically set up fishing huts. Fish have been caught that have weighed up to four pounds. It may be worthwhile to scope out some of the other shallower parts of the lake, particularly if the south end is busy. If you are interested in ice fishing, be sure to get your fishing license and check to ensure you are fishing during an authorized season.
What you need to get started:
- Fishing license
- Fishing rod
- Warm winter wear ex. gloves, hat, scarf, insulated boots etc.
- Check ice measurements before you head out!
We want to know what activities you are enjoying on the lake this winter! Submit your photos and be featured in one of our upcoming newsletters. Photos can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you subscribed to this newsletter yet? Visit www.chestermere.ca/notifyme to get this monthly newsletter sent to you automatically, enter your email address, sign-in and select ‘Lake News’ from the News Flash section.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Community Operations at 403-207-2807 or fill out a Contact Us form on chestermere.ca (select Parks and Recreation) to notify the team.