The City of Chestermere is excited to announce that Canada Day festivities are back this year and will be better than ever!
Residents and visitors are encouraged to join us at John Peake Park, come rain or shine, to take in a variety of fun-filled birthday activities all day long.
Attendees can look forward to:
- A free pancake breakfast starting at 9 a.m.;
- Pavilion Stage performances featuring musical acts and local dance studios throughout the morning from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Family fun for all ages with old-fashioned games, wagon rides, balloon artists, and stilt walkers in the afternoon from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- A variety of food trucks from11 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.;
- Craft beer garden starting from 3 to 11 p.m.;
- Library activities such as story times, crafts tables, and T-REX art display throughout the day;
- Trading Post Market from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.;
- Free birthday cake in the Chestermere Public Library at 1 p.m.;
- Pavilion Stage - bands will entertain in the evening beginning at 5:30 p.m.; and
- To cap off the party, everyone’s favourite – fireworks (weather pending!) beginning at 10:30 p.m.
Parking at John Peake Park will be limited on Wednesday, June 29 and 30, to set up for Canada Day celebrations. The boat launch will be closed and no parking will be available at John Peake Park on July 1 (except for limited accessible parking). Additionally, parking at the Chestermere Public Library and adjacent dog park will be restricted on Canada Day. The park and boat launch will re-open for regular hours Saturday, July 2.
We recommend everyone arrive early and please be respectful of surrounding business and residents while parking.
We encourage everyone to stay tuned to chestermere.ca/canadaday for complete details on the event, performers and times.