At the Chestermere City Council Meeting on November 6, Council:
- Presented a certificate of recognition to Alex Halat, a community member who recently received the Sovereign’s medal for volunteers.
- Accepted the consent agenda which included correspondence from the MLA for Chestermere and the Cheque Listing dated October 27.
- Opened question period and heard from 1 resident.
- Accepted five letters of intent for approximately 11.5 acres to be located in the Webster Industrial Park and directed Administration to ratify the agreements.
- Approved Policy 837 which sets Council’s salary and remuneration to the same as the previous Council. Council rescinded Policy 835 which included a recommended increase and changes to benefits (that previous Council had approved in September).
- Appointed Councillor Foat to the Assessment Review Board.
- Tabled a decision about appointing members of Council to the City’s Rate Application Committee until they had time for more discussion about options for CUI.
- Directed Administration to put out a Request for Proposals for third party companies to conduct a search for a new, permanent, CAO.
- Asked staff to bring back a report on the process to review the 2018 capital and operating budgets including a timeline and impacts on current policy.
- Requested that staff bring back best practices for Council Meeting Recording and Retention for discussion on November 20.
- Directed Administration to bring recommendations on strategies that would assist Council in communicating and engaging with residents.
These notes are for information purposes only. The official minutes are always posted to www.chestermere.ca/agendas