Pull out your Canadian tuxedo and get ready to celebrate Canada Day in John Peake Park! Come hungry, because this summer festival will surely delight all taste buds.
Don’t miss these delicious treats this July 1st:
1. Free pancake breakfast: What’s more Canadian than enjoying a pancake breakfast with yummy maple syrup? Meet members of Council as they serve up some free pancakes and sausages from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
2. Langar: To celebrate Langar, or “free kitchen” in Sikhism, local community members will be serving free vegetarian food from 11 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
3. Food Trucks: For burgers or some sweet treats, visit the food truck line which will be offering ice cream, mini donuts, burgers, hot dogs and candy starting at noon.
4. Taste of Chestermere: New to the festivities this year is a culinary experience close to home! Taste of Chestermere will have 10 local businesses serving up delicious tapas style meals in the Park from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. Each plate will be $3, so bring your change!
5. Beers in between: For the 18+ crowd, quench your thirst with some samples of beer from local brewery Township 24 in the Taste of Chestermere area.
In between these great eats, be sure to check out the kid activities, book sale, vendors, musical performances and fireworks!
A full schedule of events is available at chestermere.ca/canadaday