1. Unobstructed access for emergency vehicles.
2. The Organizer may terminate the event for any reason prior to commencement of the event. In such a case, the Organizer must notify the Event Office of the cancellation. The Organizer may be liable for any event costs incurred by the City up to and including the time of cancellation of the anticipated event.
3. The City’s Events Office reserves the right to cancel any event should any portion of the park/venue be rendered unsafe/unusable due to:
- a risk to the health and safety of any person;
- a risk of damage to the property;
- a contravention of any applicable law; or
- the City’s inability to provide the site. The Events Office may postpone the event to a future date that the Organizer agrees upon.
4. The Organizer is responsible for the event setup and cleanup, ensuring the City property being used is left in the same condition as when the Organizer came on site. The Organizer will be responsible for the cost to reinstate and make good, any damage caused in, or to any City property that may occur as a result of the event.
5. The Organizer shall ensure that all its members, users, agents, and guests conduct themselves in an orderly manner, and comply with all statutes, regulations, bylaws, and rules made under federal, provincial, or municipal authority which in any way affects the event.
6. The Organizer accepts the responsibility for providing adequate supervision for the maintenance of good order through the duration of the event.
7. Anything brought or stored on City property, shall be at the sole risk of the Organizer. The Organizer understands and agrees that the City of Chestermere is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles.
8. The Organizer and participants shall indemnify and save harmless the City of Chestermere and their elected and appointed officials, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, demands, suits or compensation arising, directly or indirectly, from the granting of the permission of events on City property.
9. The Organizer releases and forever discharges the City of Chestermere, any and all actions, causes of action, claims, and demands for damages, loss, or injury, however arising, which may be sustained by The Organizer and participants’ in consequence of granting of the permission of events on City property.
10. Depending on the impact and complexity of the event, The Organizer may be required to obtain an insurance policy in an amount not less than two million dollars ($2,000,000) and up to 5 million dollars ($5,000,000) per occurrence.
11. An event permit will not be issued until a certificate of insurance is obtained and submitted 2 weeks prior to final permit approvals at the sole expense of The Organizer. Insurance must be obtained from insurers licensed in Alberta under provincial law. The City of Chestermere must be included as additionally insured. A thirty-day cancellation clause must be included in the policy.
12. Insurance must be maintained throughout the event dates including the set-up and tear-down dates. The Events Office recommends that Organizers obtain cancellation insurance.
13.The Organizer is required to bring a copy of this permit to the event to demonstrate proof of permission.
14. In the event of The Organizer's failure to conform to any of the foregoing Terms and Conditions the City of Chestermere may revoke the permit granted without refund.
15. Booking of dates and times of use specified in this application is an advance request for use of a designated Citypropertywhich is not guaranteed by the City of Chestermere. The City retains the right to reschedule or cancel dates and times booked at any time but will strive to provide as much advanced notice as possible to Organizers.
16. Organizers’ are responsible for conducting a hazard assessment and reporting any issues to the Special Events Office.
I understand the Terms & Conditions.