Transit Link Information
About the Chestermere Transit Link
These trips see MAX Purple continuing its route past East Hills where it currently stops, and on to Chestermere.
The transit extension is in a pilot phase and will be evaluated throughout the term of the agreement with Calgary.
The current route has twelve stops on the west side of Chestermere. More stops throughout Chestermere and on the east side of Chestermere Lake may be added in the future.
Detailed Chestermere ScheduleThe link to Chestermere runs on weekdays at approximately 6am and 7am and returns to Chestermere at approximately 5pm and 6pm.
Download the Detailed Chestermere Stop Schedule by clicking here or clicking the image below.
Overall MAX Purple ScheduleFor a detailed schedule and route, download the MAX Purple Pocket Guide or visit www.calgarytransit.com and select Schedules/Maps and choose Route 307 - MAX Purple.
Where to Purchase Fares
Chestermere Transit Link Fares can be purchased
- Using the My Fare App.
- To use My Fare, buy your ticket or pass and activate it on your phone just before getting on the bus. When you board the bus, you place your activated ticket in front of the onboard validator, which will let our operator know you have a valid ticket. If for some reason there’s an error with the validator, you can show your ticket/pass to the operator to validate visually.
- There is an option on My Fare to set up an account, but to do that, customers need a myID account with The City of Calgary. Chestermere residents should buy their fares as a guest.
- Please note that electronic single ride tickets expire after seven days.
- Online at www.calgarytransit.com/shop. Paper tickets and passes will be mailed out.
- Chestermere Safeway
- Chestermere Petro Canada.
If your business would like to sell Calgary Transit passes, click here.
Current Fare Rates
As of August 31, 2021. For the latest fare rates, visit www.calgarytransit.com.
- $3.50 for a one time use (valid for 90 min)
- $35.00 for tickets bought in books of 10
- $11.00 for a day pass (valid from time of purchase until end of service that day)
- $109.00 for a monthly pass (valid for 1 calendar month)
Youth (Ages 6-17) or Students 18-21 attending high school full time
- $2.40 for a one time use (valid for 90 min)
- $24.00 for tickets bought in books of 10
- $8.00 for a day pass (valid from time of purchase until end of service that day)
- $79.00 for a monthly pass (valid for 1 calendar month)
Children ages 5 and under ride the bus for free!
Please note that special passes (Airport, senior, low-income, and student) are not currently accepted for the Chestermere Link but are being explored for the future. Contact Community Support Services at 403-207-7079 to learn about available assistance for low-income residents.
Important Information about using Calgary Transit
- Face coverings are still required on all public transportation.
- Buses are equipped with ramps that can be lowered to make it easier for customers with mobility issues to board.
- Many factors can impact the time buses arrive at a stop. Customers should be at their stop 5-10 minutes before its scheduled time.
- Follow Calgary Transit on Twitter for the most up-to-date information about unexpected service disruptions and for the quickest response to questions/concerns.
- Sign up to receive updates about specific routes by downloading the Calgary Transit app and subscribing. This will alert you of other service disruptions that may occur with your route.
- Four times each year, Calgary Transit makes changes to routes and schedules. All service changes are posted at www.calgarytransit.com/Service-Updates.
- The online trip planning tool is not available for Chestermere addresses. If Chestermere residents would like to use the feature, you will have to enter a Calgary address as the starting or end point in the trip planning tool.